O-War: Ash like snow

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
O-War: Ash like snow

The war that never ends!

2 posters

O-War/BZPB

Vulpes Inculta
    Vulpes Inculta

Credits : 12

O-War/BZPB Empty O-War/BZPB

Post  Vulpes Inculta Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:52 am

This continues where the old BZPB Left off.
    Adrastos

Credits : 10

O-War/BZPB Empty Re: O-War/BZPB

Post  Adrastos Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:35 am

OOS: Presuming Aeturnus is dead and is lying some generic grave somewhere. Just to clear things up...

[Human colony planet]

*The colonies continue to thrive against little to no competition until a planet by the name of KarkinoIX puts up a fight entirely alien to the human way of combat. The natves of KarkinoIX fight with chemicals instead of bullets and swords and it wasn't two hours before the fickle human bodies were forced to give in. The empire was crushed.

Now the only surviving humans are those airborn at the time of the attack, now stripped of all loyalties to any states are now either pirates, mercenaries or general do-gooders.*

--------------------

[Aeturnus's grave on a now desolate colony planet]

Major: Gentlemen, our cause is lost. You are all discharged of your service and I wish you well. God speed!

*At this the coffin is lowered and the soldiers slowly break ranks and head over to the village from which half of their army was from.*

Major: *At the grave* I needn't fight anymore old friend, you were one man and with you your ideal dies. *Pulls his medals from his chest and throws them onto the coffin now at the bottom of the grave.*

OOS: Yes the humans based on Ancient Greek culture and so you'd expect coins on the eyes instead of a coffin but since starting his rebellion Aeturnus resented his old culture and embraced ideas he had read about Eastern Earth civiliations. Being buried and not cremated had been the only notale request in his short will.

*Days later a shaman who had travelled with the human rebel army alongside countless merchants and performers approaches the open grave.*

Shaman: Great generals are like gods, gods don't die...

*The shaman lifts up his staff high into the sky and begin a low chant.*
    Vulpes Inculta
    Vulpes Inculta

Post  Vulpes Inculta Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:48 am

*At Aeturneses funeral (Sorry for spelling), a man walks in. He has slightly dark skin, a musular build and long, black dreadlock tied back, and is wearing a loose vest and blue cargo pants. He has a loose black belt and secured in it is a Dai-katana with cyan runic markings engraved in it. He is smoking a cigar*

Ronin: Hmmmpf.

*Ronin drops his cigar into the grave, setting it ablaze*

Adrastos

Post  Adrastos Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:01 am

Shaman: Eh?

*The Shaman turns to see the ronin standing there. He pulls out a short curved blade with an encrusted hanle of fake glass jewels.*

Shaman: Gods don't die, gods don't burn!

*The shaman lunges his palm in the directin of the grave and the flames are exstinguished. Then a green beam shoots out of the hand and begins to shake. After a few seconds the shaman looks stisfied and aims the beam at the ronin. It turns a deep hypnotic crimson (stunning beam).*

Shaman: Gods don't waver. Why do you desecrate my master with flame and tainted drugs? For this you must die.

*The beam keeps channeling into the ronin's chest and the shaman ambles towards him speeding up by the step.*

OOS: The stunning beam is not very powerful, you just don't want to be using heavy weapons for a few minutes.
    Vulpes Inculta
    Vulpes Inculta

Post  Vulpes Inculta Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:14 am

[ Ronin suddenly turns into a black smog ]

[ The smog penetrates the Shaman's body, and his eyes glow black ]

Shaman: A great power possesses me!

[ The Shaman begins firing a black smog out at Aturnes's grave ]

Shaman: A new body!
    Adrastos

Post  Adrastos Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:27 am

*The shaman continues to fire the black smog but the rest of his body protests violently with a number of spasms.*

Shaman: You will not take my master from me! *At this the Shaman plunges the sword deep into his stomach so that only its hilt is still visable. He falls to his knees and smiles warmly to himself still firing the smog.* A martyrs death... *His eyes regain their colour as he stares down at the grave in awe and appreciation. Then suddenly the ronin regains control and the pain is blotted out although he is still dying. His eyes turn black again.*

Aeturnus: *Nailed in the coffin* Wha-?! What's all this smoke?
    Vulpes Inculta
    Vulpes Inculta

Post  Vulpes Inculta Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:32 am

[ Suddenly, Aternus's body, possessed by the Black Smog (Ronin), bursts out of the grave and begins crawlign away ]

Ronin: (in Aeturnus' body) Must...

[ Before he can finish, Aeturnus forces him out of his body ]

[ As he does, a helicopter arrives, and A young woman walks out, wearing Samurai Armor and with black hair ]

Hal: Master Aeturnus! How are you still alive?

[ The black smog flies into Hal's armor ]
    Adrastos

Post  Adrastos Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:40 am

*Aeturus looks puzzled first at the ronins deserted body and then at the finally dead corpse of the shaman.*

Aeturnus: Carathian... *Aeturnus reaches over and closes the shaman's eyes with his hand. He performs a ritualistic hand movement towards Carathian's body.* I suppose I have my dead shaman friend to thank for that now who the devil are you?!
    Vulpes Inculta
    Vulpes Inculta

Post  Vulpes Inculta Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:46 am

[ Hal picks up Aeturnus and takes him to the Ship, then sits him down. She flicks some buttons and the Helicopter takes off. ]

Hal: Sire, I am a member of the Praetorian Guard. We were set up a few days before you died to protect you from an Assasin named Ronin. We fear he has already found you and that you are in grave danger - We are moving you to our mobile base!

[ From the cloud line, a huge cargo plane descends, opening up it's rear cargo ramp ]

[ The helicopter flies in, and sets of clamps secure it's wheels to the inside of the hull. Hal powers down the turbines ]

Hal: As you have been dead for many years you will need a full medical check up. Fear not, we have some of the best medical technicians on the planet here.
    Adrastos

Post  Adrastos Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:54 am

Aeturnus: An assassin sent to kill a dead man? *Aeturnus laughs* Bear in mind erm... that I don't want to be a king in your little chess game. I can command and darn well expect to be able to do so. *Aeturnus reaches for his sword to sharpen as he does when nervous but doesn't find it. He's sitting in a long white robe clearly not designed for comfort nor asthetics.* Tell me, what has become of the human senate?
    Vulpes Inculta
    Vulpes Inculta

Post  Vulpes Inculta Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:00 am

[ Two guards walk in, dressed in the same modern samurai uniform that Hal is ]

Hal: We don't know. After you died we stayed up in space, silent and waiting. We came down for this mission only after we recieved a... Disturbing message from Ronin.

[ One of the guards hands Aeturnus a picture ]

Hal: Some missiles were fired towards the Asteroid we had been hiding behind. They were very innacurate and we didn't know where they came from, so we sent out a drone. When it came back it was harboring a strange parasite - a spirit-like creature that possessed it. It killed most of our technicians by taking over their bodies and was only stopped by the EMP of a solar flare. We knew it had been sent by Ronin, and we feared he would use the technology to re-animate your body and use it to co-erce the people to join him.

Adrastos

Post  Adrastos Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:05 am

Aeturnus: I'm a long dead man, I'm suprised I'm even remembered. Didn't the senate have the sense to wipe all memory of me? *Aeturnus takes a longer look at the pictue.* Where did your drone go to get infected?
    Vulpes Inculta
    Vulpes Inculta

Post  Vulpes Inculta Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:10 am

[ The guard hands Hal another picture, of a black sphere ]

Hal: This black sphere is the planet we're on. That black thing surrounding it is Ronin's army - Billions of parasites. We call them species 245. The only way to kill them Is EMP attacks. They can control anything - Robots, Vehicles, People... We've been fighting them for so long and we've lost many people to them. When we sent the drone out, the Infection was quite small, and had taken over a rocket satelitte. But it had used the electricity of the drone to multiply a lot. now it surrounds the planet, infecting anyone who wishes to leave.
    Adrastos

Post  Adrastos Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:19 am

Aeturnus: By the gods... Tell me, who leads your army? We all need to evacuate now! You say they are killable, you need to disperse their barrier at several points and escape through one. Clearly I am the one reason that they haven't already attacked, we can't be seperated.

*Aeturnus says all this in a fast panic and collapses onto his seat breathing deeply.*

Aeturnus: I'm not what I used to be before I died you know.
    Vulpes Inculta
    Vulpes Inculta

Post  Vulpes Inculta Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:26 am

Hal: We... Have no leader. After the first, A woman named Erede, Was converted, The Guard broke up into many segments. We're one of them, and the smallest, the Brotherhood of Steel. As for escaping... We can't. I said they were killable by EMPS, but the only ones we can mass-produce are small, hand-held, short-range weapons. The few long-range cannons, which can attack the orbital grid, were converted and taken up there. We can't get close enough to launch an assault, because they'll shoot us straight out of the sky.

[ Suddenly, a man speaks over the Plane's intercom ]

Pilot: Commander Hal, we are about to land.
    Adrastos

Post  Adrastos Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:36 am

Aeturnus: What can you tell me of yours and the enemy's numbers. The weapons which do not kill them I'm sure could at least dispurse them or perform a feint for our escape. Most vitally, we need to unite against this common foe or we're all dead.
    Vulpes Inculta
    Vulpes Inculta

Post  Vulpes Inculta Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:48 am

Hal: Well, The Brotherhood of Steel has around 800 Soldiers and 1200 Slaves at Mombasa base. The Remnants have about 2,400 Soldiers and 5,600 Slaves at their base. The Enclave have around 3,600 Soldiers and 10,000 Slaves and the Godforce have nearly 8,000 of both. As for the enemies, it is impossible to determine. They infect everyone they kill.
    Adrastos

Post  Adrastos Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Aeturnus: Slaves are our cannon fodder, we use them as our feint attack. Even if we don't escape be sure that we and not them are deciding on their movements.

*Aeturnus brushes some dust from his robe.*

Aeturnus: I presume we've no contact with the outside world?
    Vulpes Inculta
    Vulpes Inculta

Post  Vulpes Inculta Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:17 pm

[ The Cargo plane lands at a small airfield, one which is surrounded by Flak cannons, barbed wire, turrets and all other variety of defenses ]

Hal: We've had mild contact with the rest of the groups on the planet, but none outside the planetary siege.

[ Hal stands up and gestures for Aeturnus to walk with her ]
    Adrastos

Post  Adrastos Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:34 am

*Aeturnus stands and walks next to Hal.*

Aeturnus: Do we know who's ordered the seige?

*A ninja-esque figure pixelates into the room, a katana in his hand.*

Ninja: Bah! Never trusted this cloaking technology anyway! *Looks up at Aeturnus and Hal and hisses.*

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:14 pm